Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Riddles 1

The following are some riddles to tickle your mind:

Q: We see it once in a year, twice in a week, and never in a day. What is it?
A: The letter 'E'.

Q: What comes down, but never goes up?
A: Rain.

Q: What goes up, but never comes down?
A: Your age.

Q: Poor people have it. Rich people need it. If you eat it, you die. What is it?
A: Nothing

Q: I go up and I go down. You touch me but you don't want to carry me. You can shoot me but I will not die. What am I?
A: Basketball.

Q: He is your aunt's brother but he is not your uncle. Who is he?
A: My father

Q: What is the longest word in English?
A: Smiles (there is a mile between the two s's).

Q: What is it? The more you take out of it, the bigger it becomes.
A: A hole.

Q: What is it? The more you fill it, the lighter it becomes?
A: A balloon.

Q: There were two fathers and two sons went fishing. Each of them caught at least 2 fish. When they got home, there were only seven fish in the basket. How come?
A: They were actually 3 people: a son, a father, and a grand father. Two of them got two fish and one of them got three fish. Altogether seven fish. Nothing went wrong.

Why two fathers and two sons? The father is a father to the son, and the grand father is a father to the father. So, we have two fathers here. Now, the son is a son of the father, and the father is a son of the grandpa. So, we have two sons here.

I hope you enjoyed them. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your constructive & inspiring comments.