Monday, July 6, 2015

Offering Help / Service

The following are some expressions you can use to offer help or service:

Can/May I help you?
Can I give you a hand?
Do you need some help?
How may I assist you, Sir?
How can I help you?
May I offer my assistance?
Are you looking for something?
What can I do for you?
Would you like some help?


What if I take a half and I’ll edit it after I finish this one?

Examples:
Offering to Help and Responding
  • A: May I help you?
    B: (positive) Yes, please. I'd like to buy a leather bag.
    B: (negative) No, thank you. I'm just looking.
  • A: Do you need some help?
    B: (positive) Yes. That would be great. Thank you.
    B: (negative) Thank you for offering, but I think I can manage it.
  • A: What if I bring some of the books for you?
    B: (positive) Oh Thank you! That's very kind of you.
    B: (negative) Thanks. I think I've got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your constructive & inspiring comments.