Thursday, July 16, 2015

Expressing opinions

Hello all...
In daily conversations, in meetings or in group works, a lot of times we are required to express our opinions. Expressing opinions is very important, especially to show people that we are engaged in the talk.

These are some expressions we can use to express opinions:

Less formal
- I'd say ...
- It seems to me ...
- I think ...
- I reckon ...
- I feel ...

Formal
- Personally I consider/I believe ...
- In my (point of) view ...
- In my opinion ...
- To my mind ...
- According to ...

Examples:
- I'd say the price is too high for a pair of shoes.
- It seems to me the condition of our environment is getting worse.
- I think you are right in this case.
- I reckon you can achieve your goals this year.
- I feel there is something wrong with Jim.
- Personally I believe our product will lead the market.
- In my view, Jake will make a good manager.
- To my mind, he cheated in the production process.
- According to Ben, this item should be sealed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your constructive & inspiring comments.