Wednesday, July 22, 2015

How to get attention

In a conversation, we are often in a situation where we want to get people's attention. Now, the following are some expressions we can use to get attention:
- Listen ...
- Look ...
- Have a look at ...
- Pay attention ...
- So now, listen to ...
- Excuse me, ...
- Hey ...
- May I have your attention, please?

Examples:
- Listen! I really think we should leave now. We are getting late.
- Look! There is a sign on the wall.
- Have a look at the fish. It is trying to tell us something.
- Pay attention to what I am going to tell you.
- So now, listen to me. We are going to leave the hotel early tomorrow morning.
- Excuse me. Go this way, please.
- Hey. I am here.
- May I have your attention, please? This is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your constructive & inspiring comments.